POMPEII Guided Walk
Take a walk back in time to a world of Pompeii just as it was 2000yrs ago.Pompei, though a seaside town, is an incredible Roman city frozen in time since a volcanic explosion in 79AD completely covered it with over 20metres of ash and pumice. Only discovered by accident in the 18th Century, our guided tours through this UNESCO world heritage site give you a chance to take a step back in time. Feel, see, experience and taste life as it would have been for the rulers, rich, workers, and slaves of a roman world 2000yrs ago. See the pain and despair of last moments as well as the beauty, cuisine, culture, art and past glory of Pompeii revealed in rich artist’s frescos, bakery and jewellery shops, the forum, temples, villas and housing for the rich and poor. Cart tracks carved into paved streets, body casts of Pompeii citizens, theatres, a coliseum, the prostitute houses, Rome’s mastery of architecture and engineering to the amazing roman baths all give volume to our guide’s extraordinarily detailed insight to your visit in Pompeii.
Herculaneum is another wealthy roman town next to Pompeii that was completely buried and although smaller than Pompeii, it too holds amazing discoveries to lead us in understanding the roman world.
Come explore with us.
TOUR TYPE: PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE: Just for you! IN A NUTSHELL:
- Private Tour Guide
- Duration 3 hours
- Pompeii or Herculaneum
- Amphitheatre, Villas, restaurants, Theatre, Gladiator School.
- Life, people, sights of ancient Roman city of Pompeii
- VIP Entrance tickets
WHO WANTS IT: For all, learn how this place has touched each of us
DURATION: 3 hours
PACE: Moderate – wear comfortable shoes..
START TIME: When you decide! Morning or Afternoon
MEETING POINT: We will send you directions or if you prefer we can pick you up at your hotel.
TICKETS: VIP entrance tickets included to avoid the long waits.
- See the hidden sights that most tourists simply don’t see or miss.
- GUIDED Walk just for you with the best Guides whom are carefully selected.
- Being a Private tour means all our attention is just for you and for us it is about bringing it to life for you in a way you can relate to.
- Children are welcome as we love to make them feel a part of this adventure.
- Hidden best kept secrets, we know the best spots for you.
- The city of ancient POMPEII has so many amazing Villas, Amphitheatre & Theatres to Public administration buildings, forum and more. A seaside city of the Ancient Roman world and we take you on a journey walking the very steps of those influential people who have affected our lifes even today…
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit a different museum or sights instead of those listed, please send us a request. If you have any other places of interest that you may want to visit, we are able to quote those as additional cost to your tour.
This is a day where you get to really see not only the sights, but what it is like to live, breath and taste the ancient world of Pompeii.
Meet the Real Pompeii.
Every day, except 25th December and first Sunday of each month
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes. Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time. A smile.
Yes, and we have the guide just for your family.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum depends on number of people in your Group of friends and Family. JUST for you. 2. Minimum Participates 1 at cost of 2pax. 3. Included Entrance to Museums and Places of Interest subject to Opening Times/days and availability of tickets. 4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures. See Terms and conditions for details on closures of Museums, cancellations, changes to Itinerary and other information.
DO YOU REQUIRE SPECIAL MOBILITY ASSISTANCE
NOT A PROBLEM!
- We have a range of special vehicles that can handle anything including Wheelchair lifts.
- Itinerary and Routes that allow wheelchair access
- Don’t let a mobility requirement get between you and a good time as we love to help you enjoy your day
TOUR TYPE – PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE.
Just for you!
up to you as it just for you and your friends & family.