Venice’s Real Experience: Meet the Real Venice
TOUR TYPE: PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE: Just for you!
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Private Transfers
- Tour Guide
- Private water taxi back to Cruise ship.
- Doge’s Palace entrance
- Venice City.
WHO WANTS IT: When you want to “ go and explore the Real Venice with all its wonders”
DURATION: Full day
PACE: Moderate: mix of transfers and walking. “big saver is the private water transfer at end of day to save you legs”
LUNCH: Not Included.
START TIME: When you decide! “We suggest as early as you can on arrival to port”
MEETING POINT: Directly as you disembark off your Cruise ship. ( If you are already in Venice, email us with your location and we will arrange a meeting point).
- Guide to meet you at your Cruise ship or hotel
- People mover to main island from Cruise terminal
- Private Tour guide just for you through all
- World first Jewish Ghetto
- Gondola Ferry across Grand Canal (if weather permits)
- Fish Market
- Grand canal
- Wine tasting and local Cicchetti at Venetian Enoteca (Wine and food tasting at extra cost)
- Rialto Bridge
- San Marco Square
- San Marco Basilica
- Bridge of Sighs
- We take you to our favourite places and explain the food, gelato, coffee & wine bars, local dishes all unique to the Venice. (should you wish to experience the tastes then these are at your own cost excluding what is offered previously by
- Lunch is not included but we can recommend some very typical local restaurants or dishes to suit your tastes
- Entrance tickets skip line to the Doges Palace included
- An immersion and vision into the life , history and beauty of Venice beyond the normal Tourist areas
- Return to Cruise Ship in private water transfer
Meet the Real Venice.
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit different location instead of those listed, please send us a request.
For those that have a full day to explore and see the Real Venice this is a fun way to “live it like a local”.
From the moment we meet you at the Port of Venice, we take care of you to show you a different side of Venice that most tourist never get to see as well as all those must see places along the way.Any last minute adjustments, within reason, can be made if you have had a change of heart.
After meeting you as you disembark from your Cruise ship, we begin a walk tour of Venice. This is the best way to start the day so that can really see what Venice is about and learn how to find your way around yourself should you be there longer.
First stop is away from the crowds and to the world’s first jewish Ghetto where you can still see the remains of what was and still is a quaint idealic place to explore or have a coffee. From here we head back across the Grand Canal using the Gondola ferries to explore the amazing Fish Market. This is the heart of Venice with the noises of bartering fisherman and restaurants owners.
Hidden from view in the back alleys we take you to a local Venetian watering stop to try an “Ombra” which is a traditional glass of wine from a huge variety of freshly prepared delicious Venetian starters cuisine called “Cicchetti”. This local spot has been serving for over 800 years.
Although lunch is not included, we have some of our favourite places to enjoy the best of Venetian food without the heavy pricetag tourists associate with Venice.
From here the Rialto bridge, San Marcos Square to the stories of the carnival, culture, history and people that make up this melting pot once the ruler of the mediterranean seas.
To end it all is the most spectacular Doge’s Palace with the highly decorated Stately rooms to the dark gloomy prisons just over the bridge of sighs.
Whichever way you have chosen, we make it a day for you to experience Venice’s Real Experiences before returning you back to the port of Venice in your luxury private water taxi.
It’s your choice and freedom to make it your special day in Venice.
There is another side to Venice but you just have to know where to find it.
Save yourself money “Bring your friends and reduce your costs”
Every day, except 25th December.
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes.
Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum depends on number of people in your Group of friends and Family. JUST for you.
2. Minimum Participates 1.
3. Included Entrance to Museums and Places of Interest subject to Opening Times/days and availability of tickets.
4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures.
See Terms and conditions for details on closures of Museums, cancellations, changes to Itinerary and other information.
DO YOU REQUIRE SPECIAL MOBILITY ASSISTANCE
NOT A PROBLEM!
- We have a range of special boats and vehicles that can handle anything including Wheelchair lifts.
- Itinerary and Routes that allow wheelchair access
- Don’t let a mobility requirement get between you and a good time as we love to help you enjoy your day
TOUR TYPE – PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE.
Just for you!
up to you as it just for you and your friends & family.