Venice Real Experience: Half Day
TOUR TYPE: PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE: Just for you!
IN A NUTSHELL: Private Transfers/Driver + Guide + City Venice
WHO WANTS IT: Got only half a day but want the best out of “go and explore the Real Venice”
DURATION: HALF DAY
Lunch: Not Included
PACE: relaxing : mix private transfers and walking
START TIME: Morning or afternoon – When you decide! “We suggest as early as you can on arrival to port”
MEETING POINT: Directly as you disembark off your Cruise ship. ( If you are already in Venice, email us with your location and we will arrange a meeting point).
- Guide to meet you at your Ship
- We get you quickly to main island on People mover and water boat to save your feet.
- Private Tour guide just for you through all locations!
- Gondola Ferry across Grand Canal (if weather permits), Fish Market
- Wine tasting and local Cichetti at Venetian Enoteca ( Wine and food tasting
- Rialto Bridge
- San Marco Square and San Marco Basilica
- Bridge of Sighs
- Grand Canal
- We take you to our favourite places and explain the food, gelato, coffee & wine bars, local dishes all unique to the Venice. (should you wish to experience the tastes then these are at your own)
- Entrance tickets skip line to the Doges Palace
- Lunch is not included but we can recommend some very typical local restaurants or dishes to suit your tastes
- An immersion and vision into the life , history and beauty of Venice beyond the normal Tourist areas
- Return to Cruise Ship in private water transfer
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit different location instead of those listed, please send us a request.
Have only half a day but want to experience the best sides of Venice then we have just the tour for you.
The Cruise terminal is our meeting place and from here the people mover and the waterbus are just want you need to get to the Venice Island.
Grand Canal is our “road” into the city where you can see the grand palaces that line this impressive entrance way. The stories behind them leave no imagination to the dark and powerful families that once ruled this powerful Republic. leaving the waterboat, we take the Gondola ferry across the Grand canal to the fish market which is the heart of Venice with the noises of bartering fisherman and restaurants owners.
Hidden from view in the back alleys we take you to a local Venetian watering stop to try an “Ombra” which is a traditional glass of wine from a huge variety of freshly prepared delicious Venetian starters cuisine called “Cicchetti”. This local spot has been serving for over 800 years.
From here the Rialto bridge, San Marcos Square to the stories of the carnival, culture, history and people that make up this melting pot once the ruler of the mediterranean seas.
To end it all is the most spectacular Doge’s Palace with the highly decorated Stately rooms to the dark gloomy prisons just over the bridge of Sighs.
The best way to end the day in Venice is heading back to the cruise ship in your own private water taxi.
It’s your choice and freedom to make it your special day in Venice.
There is another side to Venice but you just have to know where to find it.
Save yourself money “Bring your friends and reduce your costs”
Every day, except 25th December.
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes.
Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum depends on number of people in your Group of friends and Family. JUST for you.
2. Minimum Participates 1 at cost of 2pax.
3. Included Entrance to Museums and Places of Interest subject to Opening Times/days and availability of tickets.
4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures.
See Terms and conditions for details on closures of Museums, cancellations, changes to Itinerary and other information.
DO YOU REQUIRE SPECIAL MOBILITY ASSISTANCE
NOT A PROBLEM!
- We have a range of special boats and vehicles that can handle anything including Wheelchair lifts.
- Itinerary and Routes that allow wheelchair access
- Don’t let a mobility requirement get between you and a good time as we love to help you enjoy your day
TOUR TYPE – PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE.
Just for you!
up to you as it just for you and your friends & family.