LUCCA & PISA: MEDIEVAL TOWNS & VILLA
TOUR TYPE: PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE: Just for you!
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Private Transfers/Driver
- Tour Guide
- Pisa Leaning tower
WHO WANTS IT: When you want to “Enjoy another side of Tuscany”
DURATION: Full day
PACE: Relaxing “ return to the ship with a smile ”
LUNCH: Not included
START TIME: When you decide! “We suggest as early as you can on arrival to port”
MEETING POINT: Directly as you disembark off your Cruise ship.
- Luxury private transfers directly from your Cruise ship from/return to Pisa & Lucca
- Private Tour guide just for you through all locations!
- Pisa and see the leaning tower of Pisa and the breathtaking Campo dei Miracoli (field of Miracles) with the Cathedral and Baptistery
- The Medieval walled city of Lucca.
- Bicycle Ride around walls (hiring included)
- Piazza San Michele and its markets
- San Michele in Foro church
- Duomo Cathedral & the 17th century Tower Clock.
- We take you to our favourite places and explain the food, gelato, coffee & wine bars, local dishes all unique to Lucca. (should you wish to experience the tastes then these are at your own cost)
- Lunch is not included but we can recommend some very typical local restaurants or dishes to suit your preferences.
- Optional at no extra cost, if time allows, Visit to one of the best Renaissance Villas nearby in Tuscany.
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit a different museum or sights instead of those listed, please send us a request.
CLIMB THE TOWER OF PISA – we can prebook these for you.
Lucca is the one of the untold stories of Tuscany where you can get away from the crowds of tourists and truly feel like you have had a real experience of Tuscany.
Our driver will pick you up directly as you disembark from your cruise ship and from here we head to Pisa where our guide will bring to life the Leaning tower of Pisa, the campo dei mircali and the cathedral. There is more to it than just a tower on a lean. Just as the tourists begin to bus in, we head off to avoid the chaos so you can experience in fullness the charming town of Lucca.
– If you wish to climb the Tower of Pisa, then we need to prebook these in advance.
Lucca is a beautiful medieval walled city where you can enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of Italian life, mixed with history, sights, food and lots of activities to do.
Our guide will being with a fun orientation tour of Lucca including the historical centre with Piazza San Michele & its markets, San Michele in Foro Church which has one of the best facades in Italy. The Duomo Cathedral and the 17th Century Tower clock.
As we were saying its not just about historical sights, but the food, gelato, coffee while people watching in the piazza to maybe taking a bicycle ride around the medieval walls which are crested by broad tree-lined promenade (cost of bike hire included).
There is so much to do in this town and should you wish to explore the historical sights or simply have a long lunch we can give you the best reccommendations.
On the way back to the cruise ship, should you want, there is some amazing renaissance villas nearby and we can drop into see one if that takes your fancy.
If you want to see as much as you can or take a more leisurely pace, then we are there to make sure you have that special day you deserve.
It’s your choice and freedom to make it your special day in Lucca and Pisa.
Save yourself money “Bring your friends and reduce your costs”
Every day, except 25th December.
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes.
Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum depends on number of people in your Group of friends and Family. JUST for you.
2. Minimum Participates 1
3. Included entrance to Museums and places of interest subject to opening times/days and availability of tickets.
4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures.
See terms and conditions for details on closures of museums, cancellations, changes to itinerary and other information.
DO YOU REQUIRE SPECIAL MOBILITY ASSISTANCE
NOT A PROBLEM!
- We have a range of special vehicles that can handle anything including Wheelchair lifts.
- Itinerary and Routes that allow wheelchair access
- Don’t let a mobility requirement get between you and a good time as we love to help you enjoy your day
TOUR TYPE – PRIVATE EXCLUSIVE.
Just for you!
Up to you as it just for you and your friends & family.