Venice and Murano Island
This is for those that really want to experience Venice just the way the Venetians do… by boat and walking but away from the crowds.
We meet you directly at your Cruise ship, where your tour guide and private water boat will take you away from the crowds to the island of Murano to visit first hand Glassblowing which has been one of the most important trades of Venice for nearly a thousand years.
Afterwards our private water boat will bring us back past the nearby islands where you can really get a better feel of what Venice is about. the lagoon where Venice seems to float is a mass of islands, fishing, people, boats all of which make up the daily life of Venetians. Returning to the main Venice island we begin the walking through the maze of islands, bridges and more.
We head back across the Grand Canal to explore the amazing Fish Market. This is the heart of Venice with the noises of bartering fisherman and restaurants owners.
Hidden from view in the back alleys we take you to a local Venetian watering stop to try an “Ombra” which is a traditional glass of wine from a huge variety of freshly prepared delicious Venetian starters cuisine called “Cicchetti”. This local spot has been serving for over 800 years.
Although Lunch is not included, we have some of our favourite places to enjoy the best of Venetian food without the heavy pricetag tourists associate with Venice.
From here the Rialto bridge, San Marcos Square to the stories of the carnival, culture, history and people that make up this melting pot once the ruler of the mediterranean seas.
To end it all is the most spectacular Doge’s Palace with the highly decorated Stately rooms to the dark gloomy prisons just over the bridge of sighs.
From here you have your own free time to enjoy on your own. We will give you all the information you need to return to the Cruise ship in your own time.
Whichever way you have chosen, we make it a day for you to experience Venice’s Real Experiences.
Save yourself money “Bring your friends and reduce your costs”
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Private Transfers/Driver in boat
- Tour Guide
- Island Murano
- Venice City walk
- Doge’s Palace
- Rialto bridge
- San Marco square & more.
WHO WANTS IT: Get away from the crowds “ experience Venice as Venetians do: Boat & walking”
DURATION: Full day
PACE: Private water transfer and easy walk.
LUNCH: Not Included
START TIME: When you decide! “We suggest as early as you can on arrival to port”
MEETING POINT: Directly as you disembark off your Cruise ship.
- Guide to meet you at your
- Private water transfer to Murano Island
- Glassblowing experience.
- Return to Venice with private Water transfer.
- A Chance to get out on a boat in Venice’s lagoon and see it from a different view. See the fishermen, San Michelle Isands and more.
- Private Tour guide just for you through all locations!
- Fish Market
- Grand canal
- Rialto Bridge
- San Marco Square and San Marco Basilica
- Bridge of Sighs.
- Wine tasting and local Cichetti at Venetian Enoteca ( Wine and food tasting included)
- We take you to our favourite places and explain the food, gelato, coffee & wine bars, local dishes all unique to the Venice. (should you wish to experience the tastes then these are at your own cost)
- Lunch is not included but we can recommend some very typical local restaurants or dishes to suit your preferences.
- Entrance tickets skip line to the Doges Palace included.
- An immersion and vision into the life , history and beauty of Venice beyond the normal Tourist areas.
After your tour you have free time in Venice before returning to your cruise ship on your own.
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit different location instead of those listed, please send us a request.
This is a day where you get to really see not only the sights, but what it is like to live, breath and taste the city of Venice.
Meet the real Venice.
Every day, except 25th December. Vatican Museum is unavailable on Sundays.
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes.
Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum of 8 people in your group of family and friends. ( For groups over 8, it is available but please send an enquiry)
2. Minimum participates 1 but at cost of 2pax.
3. Included entrance to Museums and places of interest subject to opening times/days and availability of tickets.
4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures.
See terms and conditions for details on closures of museums, cancellations, changes to itinerary and other information.
There is a maximum of 7 people on this tour
Tour Photo Gallery
Our Cruise Shore Excursions in Venice
This private tour is in Venice where we take you off the beaten track. You take a boat on the Grand Canal, explore inside the Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, Gondolas, Rialto Bridge, wine tasting and local Venetian Cuisine and so much more. Full DAY
Experience Venice as Venetians do: This is the ultimate way to get away from the Crowds and see the Island of Murano on your OWN PRIVATE BOAT and then see Venice. FULL DAY
With just half a day there is still so much to do in such a short time and we know the best way to experience Venice. This is a fun morning or afternoon where we take you off the beaten track to see the Real Venice. HALF DAY
Do you want something really special and different? we have lots of amazing other experiences to do in Venice from spending a morning on a delivery boat, cooking lessons, kayaking the grand canal.
Burano Island, Murano Island – Public waterboat and Guide Using the Public waterboat is a great way of explore the islands and with our Guide we take care of all the timings and bring to life the world of Venice and show you the places you wont see in a guide book