Siena & San Gimignano
Siena & San Gimignano: the Heart of Tuscany
From the moment we meet you at the Port of Livorno we head straight into the heart of Tuscany.
Our first stop can never be foretold as there are photo opportunities all along the way as winery and mountain top towns are just a part of the picturesque views we encounter.
San Gimignano is unique for the number of fortified towers which are itched into its skyline as well as the quaint back cobbled streets that lead to the workshops of jewellers, artists, restaurants and piazzas on the walls that contain some of the best views of Tuscany’s natural beauty. Take your pick between 2 of the world’s best gelato shops or maybe both. If you are game and want to take a climb to the the top fo the Torre Grossa, the sight is well worth the climb ( entrance included).
Lunch is not included but we have plenty of our favourite little tuscany hideouts to eat depending on your tastes.
From here we head over to Siena to walk off our lunch and enjoy this other amazing walled city once and still a rival to its neighbour Florence. We take you off the beaten track to experience the history and sights and culture of Siena that is completely centred around the yearly horse race called the Palio. We also take you into the amazing Duomo of Siena which is breathaking as much on the inside as it is on the outside.
Take a more off the beaten track approach to your day and relax through the squares and markets of Siena and San Gimignano, enjoy a longer lunch and glass of wine or explore some of the churches, works of art or just enjoy just soaking up the Tuscan Sun.
Whichever way you have chosen, we make it a day for you to experience Tuscany’s Real Experiences before returning you back to the port of Livorno in your luxury private car.
It’s your choice and freedom to make it your special day in Tuscany.
Save yourself money “Bring your friends and reduce your costs”
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Private Transfers/Driver
- Tour Guide
- San Gimignano
WHO WANTS IT: When you want to “Experience Tuscany”
DURATION: Full day
PACE: moderate-busy “ The views are spectacular just like the towns. ”
LUNCH: Not Included
START TIME: When you decide! “We suggest as early as you can on arrival to port”
MEETING POINT: Directly as you disembark off your Cruise ship.
- Luxury private transfers directly from your Cruise ship from/return to Siena & San
- Private Tour guide
- The walled medieval city of Siena is something special where cultural traditions still hold fast and the world famous Palio horse race around the main Piazza “il Campo” is the most important fixture in its
- As we guide you around the mountain top town we bring to life the history of the Palio, the cultures, traditions, foods and people of the Contradas (districts). Il campo is one of the best places in the world to sit and enjoy a rest with a view of this spectacular cone shaped
- Duomo of Siena (entrance included), Fonte Gaia, Piazza
- Lunch is not included but we can recommend some very typical local restaurants or dishes to suit your tastes
- San Gimignano which is the gem of Tuscany & famous for Wine and Saffron to see the piazzas, the views of Tuscany from the city
- For those who are game , the climb to the top of Torre Grossa gives you some of the most spectacular views of Tuscany. (entrance
- We take you to our favourite places and explain the food, gelato, coffee & wine bars, local dishes all unique to San Gimignano and Siena. (should you wish to experience the tastes then these are at your own cost)
FLEXIBILITY: This is your day so it’s all about you and we can adapt to your interests within reason. If you wish to visit a different museum or sights instead of those listed, please send us a request.
Every day, except 25th December.
Things to Bring & Note
Walking is a part of this trip, so please bring comfortable shoes.
Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen during the summer time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Maximum of 7 people in your group of family and friends
2. Minimum Participates 1 at cost of 2pax.
3. Included entrance to museums and places of interest subject to opening times/days and availability of tickets.
4. Weka Travel reserves the right to revise or cancel any part of the tour due to acts of God, traffic delays, or last minute closures.
See terms and conditions for details on closures of museums, cancellations, changes to itinerary and other information.
There is a maximum of 7 people on this tour
Our Cruise Shore Excursions in Florence & Tuscany
This Private tour is through Tuscany taking you to Pisa to see the strange yet amazing sight of the leaning tower of Pisa before we head out through Tuscany to Florence the city of art, Gelato and Renaissance. FULL DAY
This Private tour is to the very heart of Tuscany: Siena and San Gimignano. You will get to the see the real picturesque nature of Tuscany, walk the cobbled streets of the walled medieval towns of San Gimignano and its Towers as well as amazing medieval Siena. FULL DAY
If you require a private tour and transfers for a completely different tour around Livorno, Tuscany, Cinque Terre or beyond, we can create something special just for you. Please contact us for a quote:
Been to Florence and want something different? Then this is your ticket. Avoiding the crowds, we stop to see the Leaning tower of Pisa heading into the tuscany hills to visit the medieval walled town of Lucca. A magical & charming place where you truly soak up the Tuscan sun & lifestyle. FULL DAY
Florence can't be seen in a day but if you going to do it in a day then do it right. Florence is about art, history, the people, food, wine with its own culture! Choose from either Uffizi museum or David at Accademia. Learn how to appreciate the real Florence. FULL DAY